TERMS OF SERVICE
- Ownership of Site and Site Materials. The Site and all of the information contained in the Site or accessible via the Site (collectively, the .Site Materials.) are owned or licensed by BuildFax and are protected by United States intellectual property laws (including patent, trademark, and copyright laws), other applicable intellectual property laws, and international treaty provisions. BuildFax retains all rights in the Site and the Site Materials. You may not use, publish, reproduce, transmit, or upload any of the Site Materials for any commercial purpose or any public display or performance. You may not remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice from the Site Materials. You may not transfer or transmit any of the Site Materials to any other person or entity.
- Confidentiality and Non-Assignability Of Login. Certain areas of the Site can only be access with a subscriber login (a “Login”). Your Login may not be transferred to any other person or entity. You must keep your Login strictly confidential. BuildFax will not release your Login password to anyone other than you unless specifically required by law or court order to do so. You must promptly notify BuildFax if you become aware of any apparent breach of security, such as a loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a username or password. You may notify BuildFax by e-mail at email@example.com, or by telephone at (855) 237-8711. Until BuildFax is so notified, you remain liable for any unauthorized use of the Site through your Login.
- Rights in Information Input into the Site. You agree and acknowledge that some of the information that you input into the Site may be collected, used, and sold by BuildFax. However, BuildFax will not disclose your credit card, billing, or payment information.
- Termination of Your Use of the Site. BuildFax may terminate your use of the Site at any time for any or no reason.
- DISCLAIMERS. BUILDFAX FURNISHES THE SITE AND THE SITE MATERIALS “AS IS.” BUILDFAX MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, PROMISE, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FREEDOM FROM ERROR, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE SITE AND THE SITE MATERIALS.
THE DATA CONTAINED IN THE SITE MATERIALS IS COLLECTED FROM GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITIES, SUCH AS CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING DEPARTMENTS, AND BUILDFAX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN THAT INFORMATION. IF YOU DETECT A FACTUAL ERROR OR OMISSION IN THE DATA AND WISH TO CORRECT THAT ERROR OR OMISSION, YOU MAY DO SO BY CONTACTING THE APPLICABLE GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY DIRECTLY. BUILDFAX HAS NO AUTHORITY AND NO ABILITY TO CORRECT SUCH ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ITSELF. NO CHANGES CAN APPEAR IN THE DATA UNLESS AND UNTIL THE APPLICABLE GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY MAKES THEM. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ALL GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITIES FROM ANY INACCURATE DATA SUPPLIED BY THEM FOR INCLUSION IN ANY OF THE SITE MATERIALS.
BUILDFAX MERELY REPORTS, AND DOES NOT INTERPRET, THE DATA CONTAINED IN THE SITE MATERIALS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION OF THE DATA. THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR FAILING INSPECTIONS, AND DATA ON FAILURE RATES ARE NOT NECESSARILY A RELIABLE INDICATOR OF ANY CONTRACTOR.S QUALIFICATION OR ABILITY.
BUILDFAX OFFERS NO ASSURANCE OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE. BUILDFAX DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, AND ANY OF THESE MAY CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BUILDFAX BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, TORT, ECONOMIC, COVER, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, DATA, OR COMPUTER PROGRAMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SITE MATERIALS, EVEN IF BUILDFAX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.